23, Mar 2016 - 31, Mar 2016
About UIF Essay Competition
UIF firmly believes that investing in education is an important investment in our community. Keeping this in mind, our essay competition seeks to partner with Islamic schools to recognize excellence in education by encouraging students to be creative and expressive. The competition also rewards schools that produce winning students.
Here are some highlights of the Essay Competition
It is a national essay competition for all full time and weekend Islamic Schools in the USA.
Prizes awarded in three categories – grades 1-5, 6-8 and 9-12
Total of $7,500 in cash prizes will be awarded to essay competition winners and schools
Winners will be determined by UIF’s essay competition committee
Schools can submit as many entries as possible
Entries will be accepted from Jan. 1st, 2016 to March 31st, 2016
Our hope is that this competition energizes and creates an excitement within the school and the student body at large. While the competition is in the form of an essay, in coming years UIF envisions the competition to include video, poetry, art and science.
Special thanks to the educators, parents, and students for supporting and contributing to the success of this program.
1) Topic: What’s the greatest invention created & why?
2) Eligibility: All students of Islamic schools and weekend Islamic Schools located in the USA are eligible for the 2015 UIF Islamic School Essay Competition.
3) Categories: The competition will be divided into three categories as follows:
Grades 1 – 5
Grades 6 – 8
Grades 9 – 12
5) Judging: UIF Essay Competition Committee will review all submissions for content, creativity, and grammar to determine the winners in each category. UIF Judges decision will be final.
7) Deadline: All essays must be submitted no later than March 31st, 2016.
8) Submitted Essays: Essays will not be returned to the author and become property of UIF. UIF and/or its affiliate companies may use or reprint the essays without consent. Appropriate citations will be given to the writers.
For more information please contact email@example.com